In my research on finding the perfect socks, I have come across some rather unusual companies that give back to the community.
While it is important to us that they are :
A: Ethical Companies
B: Companies that give back to the community
C: Only using the best natural materials
D: Treat their Employees fair and pay them fairly
This was not an easy task. In fact, most of the socks that I found in shopping centers and other retail shops always had some mix of cotton and nylon or a similar synthetic fiber. Now, I do love my
Here is a list of 9 amazing socks that support a good cause.
Introducing Socks that Promote #breastcancer Prevention ? Each pair donates to @keepabreast and their mission providing breast health education & support. #BreastCancerAwareness— Conscious Step (@ConsciousStep) October 2, 2018
Shop Now: https://t.co/JyHtfZGJSR pic.twitter.com/5ScwGsGh5e
- Conscious Step is a social enterprise creating well-designed socks to fight for global causes. In partnership with some of the world’s most impactful organizations, each design contributes to a different global cause. Each pair donates to protect sharks from the international fin trade. In all, they have 13 different causes that you can support just by buying some stylish socks.
Welcome to Gorilla Socks?. Check how we Help Save Him and his species?. Get 15% OFF your first order with CODE “WELCOMETOTHEJUNGLE” ❤️ pic.twitter.com/qbXSgOcYor— Gorilla Socks (@gorilla_socks) September 25, 2017
- Gorilla Socks is a New York-based company that produces eco-friendly, bamboo fiber socks to support gorilla conservation. Their mission is simple: to combine a sense of responsibility to support our planet, disadvantaged communities, and the gorilla species with a love for colorful socks.
- Bangs Hey good looking Socks. Treat your ankles to a cotton beam of light, a bold yet sneaky declaration of your true feelings towards the world around you. “HEY GOOD LOOKIN’”, your calves say. Yet your mouth never uttered a word. Cool-weather? Warm weather? These babies seamlessly travel amidst all seasons! These socks know no boundaries, JUST LIKE YOU. BANGS hand-selects entrepreneurs to invest in their business ideas. All entrepreneurs are vetted + the loan dissemination and repayment is facilitated by their nonprofit partner, Kiva.org.
Stand tall knowing your doing your part to save wildlife!— Shongolulu (@ShopShongolulu) July 12, 2017
? @thesockreview pic.twitter.com/Yzdkmb3zug
- Shongolulu is dedicated to Saving wildlife, protecting habitats, and preventing extinction is paramount to who the brand is. Every sock, every scarf, every bundle that they sell helps achieve this mission. Shongolulu partners with non-profit organizations working to protect endangered species and their habitats. 10% of every dollar they make is donated to their wildlife conservation efforts worldwide. Although the socks aren’t 100% natural fibers they are doing such a great job and the designs are beautiful. Just remember to wash them in the guppyfriend laundry bag.
- Maggie’s Organics‘ mission is to produce and provide comfortable, durable, affordable, and beautiful articles of apparel and accessories made from materials that restore, sustain and enhance the resources, including humans, from which they are made. Always Organic. Always Fair Trade. Always kind to both the environment & the workers making the apparel & accessories. Socks made & dyed with pride in the USA!
- Sexy Socks is a brand based in the United Kingdom that gives school socks to underprivileged children in South Africa for every pair that is bought. Dave Hutchison was inspired to start his company after helping a homeless man in Cape Town and decided he wanted to make a real difference in people’s lives. All of the Sexy Socks collection is made of 83% bamboo, making them extremely soft and environmentally sustainable, as well as anti-odor, hypoallergenic, and anti-bacterial.
- I love MItscoots With every piece of American made the gear you purchase, Mitscoots will give an equal quality item to someone in need and employ the transitioning homeless to package things up. All-natural fibers ~mitscoots
- SWAP Socks makes high quality, mismatched socks that are a wearable statement bringing aid and awareness to the fight against preventable blindness and visual impairment around the world. Their partner in this mission is Seva Foundation, who provides us the resources and network to deliver sight-restoring services to the people who need it most. Not all-natural fibers so again wash in your guppyfriend laundry bag. 🙂